Reports to: President, Crunch.io
Location: Remote or at one of our offices
The Senior Director, Professional Services will be responsible for understanding customer needs and processes and adapting them to Crunch workflows via a combination of training, consulting, and customized software development. We are a startup so digging in and solving problems across a variety of areas is part of the fun of the job.
Our start-up culture is casual and high-energy. We all work remote, with the center of gravity in San Francisco. We are passionate about our product and our mission. We are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, and fantastic customer service!
What you’ll do:
- Regularly engage, both pre and post-sales, with Crunch.io prospects and customers in the market research industry.
- Automate data processing workflows from fielding to data delivery.
- Implement customized professional services to solve customer-specific workflows
- Organize Crunch resources to ensure customer success.
- Personally learn and grow as you help develop and invent lots of new technologies and techniques for successfully implementing and using Crunch.
- Teach Crunch personnel, customers and the industry, all about it.
- Learn about the needs of the customers, especially around the “whole product” of what it will take for them to be successful with Crunch in order to evolve and revolutionize their survey data analysis capabilities.
- Demonstrate diplomacy and tact when handling difficult situations.
- 5-7 years data processing experience.
- Clear communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Experienced in data processing workflows for surveys.
- Strong programming skills, preferably in Python and/or R.
- Familiarity with survey data collection systems such as Confirmit, Decipher, or Unicom.
- Familiarity with statistical software such as SPSS, SAS, or R.
- Deep understanding of how to handle the following needs:
- Importing and exporting to third party systems
- Automation of data cleaning processes
- Capabilities for aligning tracking studies
- Streaming data sources
- Creation of tabulations and presentation decks
- Proven ability to be quick and accurate when assessing situations and in determining next crucial steps and to take appropriate action.
- Active listener with demonstrated negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- A self-starter; ready to champion initiatives beyond the scope of the job.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and superior organizational ability.
- Domain knowledge: survey data analytics or market research, quantitative research methods, SaaS, business intelligence tools generally, statistics.
- Background in statistical/analytic computing, using software such as R or SPSS.
- Experience performing analytics on survey data sets or other large datasets.
- Teacher: Comfortable explaining technical concepts to a wide range of users.
- Good listener: Able to truly listen to users questions and adjust on-the-fly and
problem solve including being comfortable saying “I don’t know”.
- Enthusiastic and extroverted when needed.
- Experience in technical sales or technical support, particularly sales that are
collaborative and collegial in nature.
- You are a Recruiter! Crunch hires company builders and, in this role, you will be
asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring in to help us
continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Advanced (preferred) qualifications:
Crunch.io is a market-defining company in the analytics SaaS marketplace. We’re a company on the rise. We’ve built a revolutionary platform that transforms our customers’ ability to drive insight from market research and survey data. We offer a complete survey data analysis platform that allows market researchers, analysts, and marketers to collaborate in a secure, cloud-based environment, using a simple, intuitive drag-and-drop interface to prepare, analyze, visualize and deliver survey data and analysis. Quite simply, Crunch provides the quickest and easiest way for anyone, from CMO to PhD, with zero training, to analyze survey data. Users create tables, charts, graphs and maps. They filter, and slice-and-dice survey data directly in their browser.
Our start-up culture is casual, respectful of each other’s varied backgrounds and lives, and high-energy because of our shared dedication to our product and our mission. We are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, and fantastic customer service! Crunch has no offices and fully embraces a 100% remote culture. We have 40 employees spread across 5 continents. Remote work at Crunch is flexible and largely independent, yet highly cooperative.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more about our team!