We are looking for a world-class Data Visualization Specialist to join our remote-first and globally distributed team at Crunch.io—the platform for collaborative data analysis. In this role, you will be working with a team of data scientists, industry experts, market research organizations, designers, and engineers; creating cutting-edge data visualizations for companies ranging from small-to-medium sized businesses to Fortune 500 organizations. This remote position reports to our VP of Product and will work closely with our Senior Director of Analytics and Product, Design, and Engineering teams.
- Able to design/develop industry-leading data visualizations based on an understanding of common and more fine-grained data visualization/representation challenges, data problems, and eventually; relating to the use cases of our current/prospective customers.
- Understands the tradeoffs between graphics paradigms and speaking multiple visualization grammars, and how they relate to the data we have and that we’re trying to represent. (Recognizing that we have scales and what it means when these data oppose each other on different axis.)
- In this role, you will lead data-driven decisionmaking with the team about which languages, frameworks, and libraries we should use to visualize customer data that is best matched to the twin challenges of exploratory data analysis and analytic presentation.
- Cultivate your knowledge and ours, and help educate our team in your areas of expertise.
- Bring a critical eye to our work, and patience to refine it with us until we meet your standards.
- Deep domain expertise of data science, statistical analysis, and data visualization
- Adept at interacting with JSON REST APIs with standard tools (e.g., Postman)
- Fluency with a Git/GitHub version control workflow (though not primarily a coding role, you’ll work closely with our team of developers)
- Comfortable in a remote-first and internationally-distributed startup environment:
- Able to figure out what questions to ask and how to get answers
- Familiarity with Slack, Zoom, Google Meet, and similar
- Flexible scheduling across time zones
Nice to Haves
- Able to travel globally a few times a year for company retreats and design sessions (recent locations include Montréal, Punta Cana, and Warsaw)
- You’re inspired by data visualization pioneers including Florence Nightingale and W.E.B. Du Bois; Cleveland, Tufte, the Wickhams, Heer, and Bostock
- Interest in machine learning and statistical computing
- Time zone / work hours amenable to working closely with US-based Product team
Crunch.io is a market-defining company in the analytics SaaS marketplace. We’re a company on the rise. We’ve built a revolutionary platform that transforms our customers’ ability to drive insight from market research and survey data. We offer a complete survey data analysis platform that allows market researchers, analysts, and marketers to collaborate in a secure, cloud-based environment, using a simple, intuitive drag-and-drop interface to prepare, analyze, visualize and deliver survey data and analysis. Quite simply, Crunch provides the quickest and easiest way for anyone, from CMO to PhD, with zero training, to analyze survey data. Users create tables, charts, graphs and maps. They filter, and slice-and-dice survey data directly in their browser.
Our start-up culture is casual, respectful of each other’s varied backgrounds and lives, and high-energy because of our shared dedication to our product and our mission. We are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, and fantastic customer service! Crunch has no offices and fully embraces a 100% remote culture. We have 40 employees spread across 5 continents. Remote work at Crunch is flexible and largely independent, yet highly cooperative.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more about our team!