Crunch is seeking a highly motivated person to join our development team in a delivery and support role. We have a growing product and user base, and we need an organized, detail-oriented person to help us better serve our users. We must ensure that all support requests are handled in a timely, professional manner, and that we provide enough rich online documentation and examples that our users can answer many questions themselves. We need to improve our communication channels with our users so that they know when new features and resources are available to them and, in the other direction, so that we can better incorporate their feedback. By owning these responsibilities, you will improve the satisfaction of our customers, the usability of the product, and our ability to scale the product to the next level.
In this position, you will
- Field user questions and reports and triage them appropriately, including identifying clear steps to reproduce issues; contribute to the design of a scalable customer-support system
- Write public resources (documentation, examples, blog posts) that educate current and potential users on the features of our product and how to most effectively use them
- Work with product management to refine feature specifications based on your support interactions
- Collaborate with engineering leads to schedule work on urgent and/or important user-reported issues
- Draft content and communicate with users, both individually to notify them that requested features/bugs have been addressed, and collectively through in-app announcements, release notices, and mass emails.
Professional experience in software development is not a requirement for this position. This is an ideal role for someone who may not be an experienced programmer but who thinks critically and methodically, who has an intuitive sense of good user experience, and who can communicate with and translate between software developers and everyone else. Some experience with writing code will help you succeed in the role, and if you want to become a better programmer, you will have plenty of opportunities to grow.
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical and deductive skills, important for isolating the cause of bugs
- Excellent writing ability: you can express yourself clearly and with appropriate tone and grammar
- Empathy, both for users and engineers
- Programming skills, or an interest in developing programming skills, are a plus
- Strong organizational skills and ability to field multiple concurrent responsibilities without letting any slip through